HOD's Name :Prof. Suneetha V. | Email : HOD-MCABU@DAYANANDASAGAR.EDU | Contact :9632831002
The information technology revolution has paved the way to the most exciting vista of careers the world has ever seen. Thanks to the burgeoning number of computer institutes and the government policies, which made a major breakthrough with the different IT courses at various levels by which software professionals are equipped,today India stands number one among the software services countries. The computer application sector offers a wide range of specialist jobs that are challenging as technology become more sophisticated, demanding new skills or different combinations of existing ones.
The innovative pedagogy adopted is beyond mere curriculum. The teaching processes and methods here are extensive and include role-playing, videos, simulations, team exercises, outbound learning, problem solving, industry interactions, project works, internships, competitions, presentations and lectures.
MCA Programme (BU) @ DSCASC established in the year 1998, is an integral part of DSI. Since its inception, the department has made rapid strides in the field of Computer education and aims at setting a benchmark in computer science education. MCA department @ DSCASC has over 20 eminent and experienced faculty with solid technical and research experience.
The department has bagged Bangalore University’s 4th Rank for MCA 2009-12 Batch. The highlights of the Department are:
- Among highest Placed track record at Bangalore University colleges
- The Lion’s share of University Admissions
- Excellent result in the University
- Experienced faculty with excellent, academic track record
- Hybrid combination of students from various countries & cultures
To provide leadership in the field of computer science resulting in quality software professionals, and researchers by adopting, adhering to a well-crafted and balanced curriculum implemented through innovative teaching and learning methodologies.
The program aims to educate students in Computer Science and Information Technology with emphasis on hands-on practical training in software development. The curriculum prepares students for a career in software industry by equipping the students with the latest revolution in technology. Content delivery is uniquely complemented by innovative teaching and learning practices.
The department has sophisticated computer labs and Wi-Fi enabled environment. The library with its prescribed books and Digital Library helps students to update themselves with the recent trends in the industry. Additionally, the sports facilities, and Centre of excellence such as CIL and CEFL programs creates an environment of fun and learning. The Placement cell provides pre-placement training and recruitments and opens doors to a wider range of professional opportunities in the computing industry.
The department also participates in a series of cultural events such as Dhyuthi –a cultural event, NENAPU-an inter-college competition, Swatharang-Food fest, Ethnic day celebration, sports events and many more, with students participating in inter-college competitions.
To be a Center of excellence in education, training & research to produce potential engineers with technical skills and leadership qualities to serve national and global needs.
To achieve our objectives in an environment that enhances creativity, innovation and scholarly pursuits while adhering to our vision.
Department Achievement - University Ranks - 2021
|1||2017-20||MR. MANJUNATH R
|Bangalore University||2nd Rank|
|2||2018-20 Lateral||MS. SUMAN NARENDRA 18CQSLC029||Bangalore University||4th Rank|
Department Achievement - University Ranks - 2020
|1||2017-19 Lateral||Ms. JAYALAKSHMI 17CQSLC009||Bangalore University||1st Rank|
- Achieved many University Ranks.
- Consistently Topped University admissions.
- Highest Placement Track Record.
- Strong Academics & Achieved Excellent Results.
- Experienced and Eminent faculty.
- Associations with Industry for better training & employability
- State of Art Infrastructure.
- Curriculum enrichment by various Value added programs
Course Outcomes (COs):
- The curriculum prepares students for a career in software industry by equipping the students with the latest revolution in technology.
- The program aims to educate students in Computer Science and Information Technology with emphasis on hands-on practical training in software development.
- Creates the ability to design a computer application by considering realistic constraints such as safety, security and applicability
- Prepares the students to work professionally pertaining to ethics, social, cultural and cyber regulations.
Program Outcomes (POs):
- To work effectively both as an individual and a team leader on multi-disciplinary projects .
- Inculcates the ability to analyze, identify, formulate and develop computer applications using modern computing tools and techniques.
- Improves communication skills so that they can effectively present technical information in oral and written reports
- Prepares to create design innovative methodologies for solving complex/real life problems for the betterment of the society.
- To integrate ethics and values in designing computer application.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
- To prepare graduates who will have a successful professional career in software industry, government, academia, research, and other areas where computer applications are deployed .
- To become a software entrepreneur.
- To promote the use of open source technology.
- To prepare broadly educated, ethical and responsible citizens.