HOD's Name :Dr.Savita Trivedi | Email HOD-MCOM@DAYANANDASAGAR.EDU | Contact : 080-42161771
Create passionate individuals to achieve excellence and move beyond.
To impart effective, supportive, accessible knowledge, skills and education to empower the students to become innovative leaders, worthy professionals and good citizens.
Having an objective to be the best institution by providing the state of the art coaching our department is a unique centre of teaching and learning. Department of Master of Commerce was established in the year 2011, which is affiliated to Bangalore University.
It aims to bridge the gap between academia and industry through the development of knowledge, skills & Abilities of the students. Our programs are planned to actively engage the students with the material presented to them. Their practical skills are enhanced through problem-solving, working collaboratively, communicating effectively and demonstrating the means by which a strategy can be successfully executed. With more focus on quality teaching, both the teachers and the students have involved themselves in various field-oriented seminars and discussions to equip themselves better to face the challenges that lie ahead.
We have experienced faculty members with required academic and professional qualification who are capable to handle the dynamisms of business environment and economy. To enhance the practical skills and to bring out the potential and other hidden talents of our students we conduct knowledge series workshops, industry visits, additional certificate course, communication & computer lab classes, peer presentation, tutor and special classes with question bank, placement training, finishing school, club activities, business quiz, role play, fest , sports and many other activities. Our alumni are working in E&Y, ANZ, Northern trust, Tata capital, TCS, Accenture, Excel, HP, Assetz and in educational institutions. Highest salary of Rs. 7.8 LPA while average salary hovers around Rs.3.9 LPA.
Master of Commerce, a two year postgraduate programme at Dayananda Sagar College of Arts, Science & Commerce has USP as below:
- Excellent infrastructure at the college, providing encouragement to learner to be regular at the college premises.
- Qualified and expert faculties continuously orienting, guiding and imparting skills among learners for enhanced understanding and knowledge enrichment.
- Field visits, invited talks (by industry experts), workshops by CA, CS are exposing students to competitive environment.
- Career guidance, soft skills training & placement assistance by placement wing.
At Dayananda Sagar College of Arts, Science & Commerce, knowledge is imparted by using following techniques:
- White board and marker to boost student’s understanding and confidence supplemented with assignments and internal tests.
- Smart rooms and library sourcing to enhance context based learning.
- Role play, case study, problem solving etc. to increase computational learning.
- Seminars, guest lectures, workshops, field visits etc. to have incidental learning a means to learning by research.
- Symposium, presentations and group discussions to develop collaborative learning.
Program Outcome (PO's)
- Acquire in-depth knowledge and expertise in commerce and management.
- The students will be in a position to get the employment in functional Banking, Insurance, Accounting, Taxation and Corporate Law.
- Students will be able to use computer based software in the area of Accounting and Taxation.
- Develop the ability to work as a team member and a team leader with enhanced professional skills.
Course Outcomes (CO's):
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
- Master of Commerce